DAV

Friday, April 15, 2011

News from the Assembly Veterans Committee Chair

 

spanbauer

Preparing for the Budget

Let me begin this week’s E-Update by saying I hope you         and your families made it through last weekend’s storm OK. To be honest,         this storm was the first time I was worried about the possibility of         serious damage in my neighborhood in the Town of Algoma.

        In the meantime, the Legislature is continuing its work on the state         biennial budget bill,         Assembly Bill 40/Senate         Bill 27. The         Joint Finance Committee has held four public hearings around the         state. The first three were held in Stevens Point, Superior (relocated         from Minong), and West Allis. The fourth hearing was originally         scheduled to be held in Arcadia on Wednesday, but fortunately for the         residents of northeastern Wisconsin, it was relocated to Neenah. I had         the privilege of sitting in on the hearing and listening to citizens         from all over the area, including the 53rd Assembly District, present         their testimony to the committee. You may watch all the hearings on Wisconsin         Eye.

        In addition to the official hearing at Neenah, I also attended an         informal budget hearing hosted by Rep. Gordon Hintz on the UW-Oshkosh         campus last Saturday.

        As I mentioned in my last E-Update, Wisconsin residents who were unable         to attend a budget hearing, official or otherwise, may share their         comments and opinions with the Joint Finance Committee by e-mailing         budgetcomments@legis.wisconsin.gov.

Last weekend, I also had the honor of attending a Disabled American Veterans district meeting at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at King, outside Waupaca. I was invited to speak as chairman of the Assembly Committee on Veterans and Military Affairs. Other speakers  included Dan Naylor, the current chairman of the Board of Veterans Affairs, and Sen. Julie Lassa, the ranking member of the Senate Committee on Economic Development and Veterans and Military Affairs.

 

Office Hours

This week I’m happy to announce that I am beginning this         session’s second round of office hours around the 53rd Assembly         District. I will be available to meet with interested citizens at the         following times and locations:

Thursday, April 21

Waupun City Hall
                Council Chambers
                201 E Main St, Waupun
                10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.

Waupun Town Hall
                N4369 County Road M, Brandon
                11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.

 

I was unable to schedule office hours in the Town of Springvale at this time, but I invite town residents to stop by either of the Waupun locations next Thursday, or else at future office hours in other nearby communities.

                        I plan to announce more dates and locations around the                         53rd Assembly District in future E-Updates.

 

--Rep. Dick Spanabauer

No comments:

Post a Comment