DAV

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Assembly Vets Committee Chair's Update



The Assembly Committee on Veterans and Military Affairs, of which I am chair, also has some bills before it for consideration, including Assembly Bill 66, a bill I introduced that revises Wisconsin’s child custody laws to reflect the unique challenges faced by parents who are service members, and Assembly Bill 121, which was introduced by Rep. Kevin Petersen of Waupaca and expands the definition of deceased veterans’ spouses who are eligible for the veterans property tax credit to include surviving spouses who receive dependency and indemnity compensation from the federal government as the result of their spouses’ service-connected deaths.

As my office continues to work on your behalf, I hope you will always feel free to call my staff and share your comments, concerns, and ideas.  My office’s toll-free number is (888) 534-0053.

--Richard Spanbauer, Chair, Assembly Comitttee on Veterans' and Military Affairs

No comments:

Post a Comment